or ran annim, as is said here in Chuuk. The first full day is almost complete and it has been quite a full trip since leaving from John Carroll U on Monday morning! To keep my thoughts on the flight simple and straightforward, I'm REALLY glad I don't need to make that flight again for another two years.
It has been amazing and beautiful so far. The island is absolutely beautiful, although yesterday we had rain so it was difficult to get a good view. Today though...gorgeous. We've been trying some foods prepared by the two generous second years still on the island and we've been slowly getting into our stage two orientation. Last night we all slept at Saramen and we arrived at Xavier a few hours ago on a fun but bumpy ride in the back of a flatbed truck. It gets dark at about 6:30 (conversely, the sun rises at about the same time in the morning), so I haven't actually seen the campus much yet, but from what I can gather, everything is wonderful. This morning I got to wake up to roosters crowing by a neighbors yard. It was awesome...it actually got louder as the sun came out more. Sort of like those gradual alarms.
Just so you all know, the internet is just as slow as I was thinking it would be, so it is more than a little difficult to get onto the blog, facebook, and e-mail. So please please please be patient.
Peace to you all.
(ps, I have no clue what time it is for you all, but it's 9:45 pm here, so please excuse bad grammar, spelling, incoherence, etc).
Underprivileged and Determined
11 years ago
It was about 4:30 Central Time here when you posted that. That sounds amazing! I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself!
ReplyDelete